Friday, April 3, 2009

Facebook Messages

Below are the messages from our conversation on Facebook about the project, My responses are in Blue, hers are in Purple:

-------------------------------------------

For my class project.

Remember I told you one of my classes (Principals of Searching) has an assignment related to searching that requires I find a participant outside of family and class?

Well, the time has come to begin that project.

I'm not sure on the particulars yet, but here is a brief summary of what I know:
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The purpose of the project is for the student to act as an intermediary for answering a user’s information need, using various resources, as necessary. The situation should be real-life, i.e. involving a real user with a need, real interactions, and real submitted answers. Students will prepare a presentation to the class about their experience in searching for information during the project.

I can submit the final report in the form of a paper, journal, or blog.

I believe I will be using a blog for its versatility, and perhaps link it to some web pages I make containing tables and charts of information as it is collected during the search. We may also chat via IM and I may save those chats and use them in the report as examples of interaction and provide analysis of them as such.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The best part about using a blog is that it is easily updated and you may view it as the report develops :)

You will be my "user" that I will be providing the "search services" for.

Let me know soon if your up to this, it should be easy since we see each other online all the time, and we live near each other so obviously communicating wont be a problem (otherwise I may have to ask my brother, ick.)

-------------------------------------------------------

If you can, please provide me with your name as you want it to appear in the report, the name of the Masters program you are in and the name of your school.

Include a brief description of the topic you will likely be asking me to search for (really, just a paragraph would be plenty!, the prof just wants and idea of whats brewing)

I need to submit this information to my professor Monday Feb. 23, 2009

Thank you Elyse!
-------------------------------------------

I'd be glad to help out! You can count me in as Elyse -.-------, and my program is the Masters of Geoscience at Montclair State University.

I would most likely be asking you to look up different geological answers and stuff - limited to but not including potential labs for my students, information on the different suites of rocks I'll be studying, and information on procedures and products/equipment I may be needing in the future relating to my thesis research. I think that's what you're asking - if you need anything more specific, let me know :)

No problemo!
-------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help,

thats just what i needed,

I'll keep you up to date, and let you know what comes next when i know then next step

No comments:

Post a Comment