Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thoughts on My Initial Search

For my inital search I have found 5 articles that I will be sending to my client. I used both Google Scholar and Rutgers Library of Online Databases in my search. Both were useful to me in different ways.

I mostly used Google Scholar to find the titles of supporting articles, but then went to Rutgers Library Online to search the databases for the article since my client requested I proved them with not only the citations but entire articles as well. Google Scholar helped because it allowed me to find articles from multiple databases at Rutgers.

I found that when I excluded the words meteor theory or meteorite the results mostly had to do with volcanic activities. There were also a lot of articles about oceanography and the geology of the ocean floor layers. I even found a few interesting articles about the hypothesis about how the earth goes through 'global carbon cycles'.

I will be typing up an e-mail to send to my Client, including a few articles and asking them to read at least the abstracts and get back to me soon about the relevance of the materials found.

No comments:

Post a Comment