Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thoughts on My Clients E-mail Response to my Second Search Results

This second search was more successful then my first for several reasons. The more communication I have with my Client the better I understand her information needs. And feedback from the previous search helped me eliminate some search terms while adding new ones, like volcan (truncated to catch all variations of term volcano). Personally I gained new knowledge on the subject which, were I doing this professionally, would help me help Clients who come to me looking for this kind of the information in the future.

I was able to get articles of relevance to my client by the date she gave me. I learned though, that if a client says they need the articles by the 23, you should probably get them to them sooner so they have plenty of time to go over the material. Over all, the search was largely a success because my Client was able to use the articles I found for her to complete her project. And I helped to cut down her work where I could by providing her with proper citations of all the articles, abstracts and full text formats to skim and read in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment